Tuesday, September 30, 2008

on being home!

I was in Edmonton for 5 days with my mother and siblings. I had a good time. It was interesting to re-connect with them, and to get to know them all a little better. Certainly, I loved the time with my Mom too. I love my family, and am glad that we shared the experience.

I have to admit, I am glad to be at home. Last night, I was dropped off at a friends house. Inside were my husband and my closest - my BEST - friends. It is amazing. I cannot imagine life without them now. These people, who stumbled into my life, now hold such a special place in my heart.

I can't help but express how very much I love these people. I am sitting here trying to remember the exact moment that I realized that I had fallen head over heels, but I can't. There are so many types of love. Romantic, parental, friendly ect... and yet, the love that I feel for them, I cannot easily describe. It is just an incredible feeling of admiration, sharing, responsibility. It's a feeling of safety and satisfaction. Even that does not describe it. There is teasing, and laughing. Guilt and apologies, and hugs, I just love the hugs.

Perhaps, that is what family truly is. No, forget that "perhaps", it IS what family is. When I get butterflies walking into a room full of people that I haven't seen in just 5 days, and still need to hold in tears of joy in seeing them, it proves beyond a shadow of doubt, that these are the people I want to be with. Calling them friends seems to somehow cheapen it. They are all more than that. So much more.

I am blessed beyond measures. I have a man who loves me, my children are the apples of my eyes, and then I have this group of people, and you all know who you are, that will always, let me repeat, ALWAYS be a part of my heart, and hopefully my life. These are the people I want to grow old with.

Thank you all, for allowing me to feel such an incredibly powerful experience.
I'm so glad to be home!!!
I think I missed you :)

1 comment:

Icon said...

Really happy that you're home, we missed you.