Thursday, September 25, 2008

EYES WIDE SHUT

Good Morning all!

3:00am. Lying in bed, closing my eyes, thinking to myself, you have 2 more hours to sleep. Just close your eyes. I was forcing my eyes shut, and yet, they are so wide open. I am excited, and I just can't sleep.

In just a few short hours, I will be on a plane Headed to Edmonton to visit my sister Monique. Not only is that exciting, but I am also going with My Mom, Pierre, Nicole and Suzanne. Yep, my siblings. This is the very first time that we are taking a trip together. We grew up together, shared a house, and yet, we have never traveled together.

This is a very exciting time for me. For all of us really. It is also very frightening. LOL. Our family can be like a pack of lion. We hunt together, protected each other, and love one another fiercely. But throw us a bone, and there is the potential of a fight at any time. We are all nervous.

So, why am I so excited then? Well, it's the make or break, right? Call me optimistic, but I somehow hold the notion that this will bring us closer together. Yes, I have heard alot of negative from well, everyone but I can't help but think that we are going to get together, laugh, cry, and just enjoy one another as we are.

We are all very different. VERY different. Sometimes, it can seem that there is no way we are family. Yet, when you take away the hats that we wear, we are all very much the same. We have the same neurosis' , the same needs to be acknowledged.

My Mom, is amazing. And I fully intend to make sure that she has a blast. This trip, is for her. Ok, you are right. This trip is for us... The Quesnel clan. Perhaps this is the healing that we will all need. If not, well, I get along with everyone, so I'm still going to have a great time.

Edmonton, will never be the same again. ok got to go finsh packing- lol

1 comment:

JC said...

hope you have a great time, and remember your post earlier this week and you'll do just fine ;-)