Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Love like you've never been hurt

Hi all!

We made it back, safe and sound! 4Provinces in 4 days. We rode the tidal bore in Truro , NS. What a blast! I would strongly encourage everyone to do it once! 15 hours there and 15 back. Many, many stories to hang onto. PEI is beautiful. So many eagles.

Today, someone told me that they would love to have my life! LOL! What do you say to that? Is my life more exciting than the average person? Nope!. But, I do have a life that is more than just the 9 to 5, can't wait for retirement or death.

I love to live as if every moment is an adventure. Every experience can becomes a story to tell, something to learn. There are days where that attitude is seriously lacking in me, but it is always something I strive for. What else are we to do, but experience. We might as well try to enjoy as much of it as we can, because you and I both know that in any given moment, it can be gone.

What is that saying? Is it " Love like you've never been hurt"? What a great motto to live by, because without risk, we never live, without hurt, we never learn the meaning of love. Without God, we never truly experience life.

So, take the risk, whether it be to do a road trip, swing on a swing, or tell someone how much you love them. That is where the excitement comes in... you may get hurt, or you may just get the experience of a lifetime!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great thoughts ... I've found that many people stop living, taking risks, looking for adventure, etc., because one time something didn't work out as planned.
Now, from early into our lives, we are taught that the world is a big, dangerous place and we should be very, very careful. Wear a seatbelt, put on a helmet, cover your skin, etc.

Sometimes you just have to go out and do something off the wall ... just because.

JC said...

I think it is about balance, don't live life always planning for what you're going to do in the future, but don't live life as if the future will never come...
consider the ant Proverbs 6:6
"Consider the ant, you lazy bum. Watch its ways, and become wise".