Sunday, August 24, 2008

A great big Sigh, and a smile

MAD is over. That's right, Motorcycle Appreciation Day was yesterday, and now the crew can relax a little. To be completely honest with you, I did not have the proper attitude this year when it came to organizing it. I did not get into it with the idea of saying thanks to all the bikers. I struggled, viewing it as "something else " to do. I felt that I had too much crap on my plate, and alot of times, I felt like I was crumbling.

Now, yesterday, that was a different thing. When I saw just how many people showed up, I was in awe. I'm sure this year was another record breaker. I even had a dude come to me at about 7pm to ask if we were done. He was disappointed when I told him it was over. lol I listened to the people, I talked with them, I laughed. People were happy. Some have come every single year.

The best ( and sometimes worst ) part, you ask? So many of them know me by name. Hey Chantal! How's it going? What new? -lol! They go into great stories, tell me about their trips, their children, grand-children, and some even share the sorrows they have had. And I listen, and struggle to remember their names.

As for the people at Biker's Church... I applaud you all. Everyone worked so hard and so well together, It was as smooth as butter. I was, and am proud, to have worn the white shirt. I am blessed to be in such a committed, and loving circle.

One other thing, and it's the biggie here! Many people ( and I mean many) came to me with questions, because they couldn't figure us out. Why do you do this?, How do you do this?, ok, so what's your real deal here? " you guys are awesome, but you don't make sense"? I was able to answer, in a very typical Chantal way... And that just furthered the conversation.

The best question I got yesterday? The #1 all time, super duper, big grin, happy, giggle question? " I have got to see this for myself, so... What time does your service start on Thursday night????"

Be proud everyone, relax, enjoy today, and know that God is preparing another burnout pit, for those who have yet to meet him....

1 comment:

JC said...

As you obviously know by now Chantal that when you are absolutely in the RIGHT PLACE at the RIGHT TIME there is nothing like it. Yes most certainly there will come those times of "man I really don't want to be doing this", but then God peels back the clouds and you see why He is using you.
WTG girl may you truly be blessed for the heart of a servant.