Thursday, July 31, 2008

Why would you do that???

I'm part of a wonderful home group. This is a group of people that I get together with every Monday night, to discuss issues, topics, and faith. We also eat, alot! We are very social, and do many thing together outside of these Monday night meetings as well.

In a 1/2 hour, some of those people will be picking us up, and we are going to Drive 18 hours or so, to PEI. The plan so far is to visit Shayna, then drive to Nova Scotia, and Ride the Tidal Bore! - back to PEI then we come home Monday.

When I told people at work of my plans, the first question they all asked was "WHY on EARTH would you do that?" Well, that's easy! Why not!

Although some of our group will be missing ( and also very missed ), this is a Road trip. We drive all night, stay up all day, and hope to be able to go to work on Tuesday. Sounds like a blast to me.

I just can't understand why people are surprised by this. They look at my life, my friends, and the community that surrounds me, and they think it's strange. Yet, I think it is wonderful, exciting, and what is lacking for most adults today. A family, people you can count on, trust, and love. People who understand the "just because" statements.

Can you imagine yourself, surrounded by people who you know would do anything for you at the drop of a hat. People who miss you when you are away, who laugh and cry with you. People who love you so much, that any idea, no matter how crazy, becomes a good idea! These people help raise my children, mourn with me, and celebrate my greatest moments

Yeah, maybe we do act like a bunch of 12 year olds, we do everything together. Every night there is something going on, and I would have it no other way!

4:45 - waiting patiently for the van! See y'all when I get back!

3 comments:

craigj said...

you'd think that being BIKERS, you'd all RIDE out there. Taking a minivan just ain't right.

Chantal said...

Perhaps it's not right, but it is much faster!!!

JC said...

Chantal, you are truly blessed don't ever take it for granted.