Saturday, November 15, 2008

Landon johannes Holladay

I sit here, knowing that I should be asleep, but unable to do so.

We have a beautiful new addition to our family. Landon Johannes Holladay was born at 5:33pm on November 14th, 2008. He weighed 8 pounds 5 ounces. He is gorgeous. Mom and Dad are doing so well.

When we were waiting for his arrival, I was so excited. I could not wait to meet him. Now that he is here, I am in awe. The last time I felt emotion this strong, was when my Josh was born.

I am so proud of my little girl. She was nervous, but she went through it all with a grace and determination that surprised me. She was dilated by 7cm before we even got to the hospital. She laughed and joked around, but then again, Angela is always able to make me laugh.

I'll admit it openly ( because I know that everyone would just mock me if I said otherwise ) but I cried the minute I saw his little head. Wept is probably more like it - lol!

Ohhh, the sneeze. He let out his first little sneeze as I was gazing upon him. More tears and laughter.

Let me just say this, Landon, you are loved. Your family extends not only to those closest to you, but you have a community of people who will be there. The hospital was full of people just waiting to meet you. Not quite sure how the other families, nurses, and doctor's felt about it, but who cares. When we look back over this day, we will laugh, and remember that we started breaking rules for you, before you were 3 hours old. Only 2 at a time, yeah, that didn't work.
I was yelled at by a nurse, because apparently, I was not allowed to leave the room with you. But Grandpa, and Uncle Warrior were waiting to see you. Uncle Rob, and Uncle Scott, snuck in.
Aunt Heather and auntie Christina were already in the room. Aunt Jen was there the whole time.

As you start you new and exciting life, just remember that you will never ever be alone. There are far too many people who love you, to protect you, and to hold you.
As your Grandma ( Nana, Oma, Grand-mama - whatever you decide ) I will spoil you, yet also be there to help show you the way.

Your parents are wonderful. Wait, and you will see! today you will meet your Uncle Josh, who I am sure will become your greatest fan.

Landon, I promise to teach you about God, so that you may grow up knowing in your heart that he is there, and that he loves you!

Now rest little man, for you have a wonderful journey ahead of you!

Love you

2 comments:

JC said...

Congrats grandma

Carrie said...

ooh Chantal - I am sssoooo moved for you!!!! I would weep - we woman just love deeply instantly.

YOU will rock as this little man's bestest ever supporter!